About the role
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible individual looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a Finance Role?
Are you interested or have previous experience in Account Payable's or Account Receivable? We would love to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Adults Finance Team as a Finance Assistant.
The post is a full-time permanent position working 37 hours per week. The position will be based at Scott House, Huntingdon, however currently working remotely and we encourage flexible ways of working with a real focus on your well-being.
We are looking for candidates who have a flexible approach in order to deal with set deadlines and varying workloads in a fast paced environment. You will be required to contribute to the effective running of the Finance Team, loading services and provisions to ensure accuracy and support the efficient delivery of care services. You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to represent the service in a positive and professional manner.
The role will involve effectively utilising a range of IT systems. You must have a pro-active approach and the ability to work independently and using your own initiative is essential. You must have a good working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft packages (including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet). In addition, have experience of using client databases and have the ability to communicate at all levels
The successful candidate will need to be highly organised, self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative, have a methodical approach to tasks and be able to prioritise workload effectively. In addition to this you must have the ability to understand the County Council financial processes and systems as well as a strong understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
Good communication skills and a confident telephone manner are essential as you will be the first point of contact for service users, their families and partner organisations.
If you feel you have the skills/attributes and motivation to become part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
In you would like an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Jo Drennan on 01223 703842
What will you be doing?
The Finance Assistant role is varied and dynamic. You will communicate with a vast range of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to ensure effective service provision to all of our customers.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To support customers to understand and resolve queries regarding invoices for care services.
- To provide effective and accurate loading of £200 million of adult social care transactions per year.
- Ensuring service users are accurately invoiced.
- To contribute to effective debt management processes and provide financial support to budget holders when required.
- To undertake financial support duties as required to support the efficient delivery of services.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of all Windows and Microsoft packages
- An organised approach with the ability and drive to manage your workload, prioritise and forward plan.
- Pro-active and able to work under your own initiative, as well as contributing to wider team objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner
- Commitment to continuous service development
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.