About the role
Are you looking for your next challenge? Why not join our team?
We are the Business and Digital Systems service.
Our main responsibilities are to maintain the case management systems on behalf of our customers and liaison between our Suppliers and our ITDS service teams across Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council.
We have a vacancy for a Business Systems Trainer and this role currently supports delivery of training on Children's Social Care systems such as Liquid Logic.
The training team works across a variety of case management / business systems, and we are focusing on developing a blended training programme for users that includes both digital and event-based training.
As a Trainer you have a passion for learning and development and helping others to understand the systems they need to use for their roles, ensuring that the training we deliver is up to date and appropriate.
The ideal candidate should have a good IT background, be familiar with Microsoft 365 applications (such as Teams and PowerPoint) and be willing to learn new systems so that we can offer a range of courses which are engaging and interactive for our learners.
It would be beneficial if you have experience working with software packages such as iSpring and/or experiences with developing E-learning and blended learning.
As part of the interview process for this position, there will be a 10minute training presentation that will be presented to the interview panel.
If you are interested or require any further information about the post, please contact Rachel.Bolt@cambridgeshire.gov.uk (Business Systems Service Manager) or Dujon.Pearmain@cambridgeshire.gov.uk (Business Systems Training Team Leader)
Interviews are likely to take place in between w/c the 6th November
What will you be doing?
- Producing Training materials (guides/videos/courses/eLearning) about business systems for a range of service users
- Publishing courses in a Learning Management System
- Monitoring feedback and reviewing learning content is appropriate
- Developing IT skills
- Developing knowledge of a range of systems in order to respond to "how do I" questions through our support portal
- Continuing your own personal development
- Knowledge and experience of training to a variety of different learners (a recent qualification or professional development in this area would be advantageous)
- Adaptability and ability to use a range of systems with confidence in using IT systems and specific applications such as Microsoft 365 (Teams and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Children's Social Care process or working with case management systems
- Excellent communication and planning skills to aid the development of training programmes and course administration
- Ability to work as a Team and working independently (and delivering content virtually)
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.