About the role
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council are seeking to recruit a specialist Public Health Manager for Children and Young People’s Mental Health.
What will you be doing?
The post holder will work as part of the Children’s Public Health team to:
- Support the local systems working across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough that work to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of children and young people through mental illness prevention and health promotion initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and commissioning of an enhanced offer to support perinatal mental health and the parent-infant relationships as part of the developing Family Hubs agenda.
- Take a lead role on a range of specific programmes, to ensure that a project management approach is built into all aspects of the work, working with key stakeholders and partners to deliver the strategic priorities of the Directorate. This includes coordinating initiatives that support whole school approaches to mental health in education settings across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Undertake literature searches and reviews that will provide an evidence base to underpin the system-wide strategies; and support effective commissioning of mental health and wellbeing services for children and young people.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, proactive and comfortable working across public sector and community based organisations and on multiple projects. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team within the Public Health directorate whilst also connecting to others working across the wider system of partner organisations supporting local children, young people and families. The position will provide an opportunity to make a real difference to the population of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, reducing inequalities and improving outcomes for local children and young people.
For more information please contact Helen Freeman email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 30th March 2023
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.