About the role
We hope that you are looking at this advert because you want to join our brilliant team of Community Support Workers across Cambridgeshire, meeting the needs of disabled Children and Young People and their families.
Here are just a few of the places we are looking for Community Support Workers;
Cambridge, Huntingdon, Wisbech, Ely, Cambourne, St Ives and St Neots
Have a look below at what we’re looking for from you……
The children and young people who use our service are telling us that they want Community Support Workers who are prepared to join in with them, be interesting, good drivers, happy and smiley, adventurous and kind.
As well as being all of those things, to meet the needs of our young people you need to tell us what you know about…..
- Working within professional boundaries
- Showing respect for other’s feelings, views and circumstances
- Communicating and building rapport with both children and young people with varying needs, and their families
- Working independently, to organise and plan your own work load
You’ll need to bring…..
- Experience of working with children and young people or adults with a disability
- Understanding of the principles and limits of confidentiality
- Evidence of awareness of the impact of oppression and discrimination
- Consideration of the significance of safeguarding and;
- Diploma (or NVQ) at Level 2 in a Childcare related subject or be willing to work towards it
In return we will give you…..
- A really flexible way of working that meets your needs as well as ours
- High quality bespoke training in a variety of venues across the county
- Excellent support and supervision
- Confidence to grow and develop and build your skills
- A highly creative and dynamic team of people to work with
- The chance to help us shape and develop our services – your ideas are important to us!
If you want to find out more, please give us a call on 01480 379800 and someone will be able to talk to you about it.
To apply for this role, please upload your CV alongside a personal statement. Please use the attached job description and person specification to outline your key skills and achievements.
This is a rolling advert and applications are reviewed regularly. Please do not delay the submission of your application - we want to hear from you today!
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.