About the role
The Education Inclusion Family Advisor will provide targeted support to families at an early stage of presenting need to help enable positive, sustainable change in their lives. The role will focus on fostering strong relationships with schools and parents to strengthen parental capacity, family relationships and to increase parental engagement in their local community and in their children’s education.
The EIFA will use a range of skills and specialist knowledge to deliver quality individual and group interventions which aim to minimise barriers and improve outcomes for children and their families. Targeted support will aim to reduce the risk of exclusions and reduce referrals to more targeted support in the future.
This role is a 2 year fixed term contract to cover for a secondment, and will be term time only working 38 weeks of the year, the salary would be pro-rated to reflect this.
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact Magdalena Nolan on firstname.lastname@example.org or Kayleigh Fry on email@example.com
What will you be doing?
- Working with allocated schools within your area.
- One to one support to families virtually or face to face on a range of topics including but not limited to: Challenging behaviour, Sibling Rivalry, Sleep, Routines etc.
- Working with colleagues to offer interventions such as workshops, and drop ins. Producing monthly newsletters and other posters relating to the service.
- Working closely with a range of professionals such as Schools, Targeted Support, Voluntary sector support services and Health.
- Signposting to a range of voluntary and statutory services.
- Confident in using ICT, including Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience of working with children and families and schools.
- Confidence to work independently.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a good understanding of Safeguarding.
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.