About the role
To have responsibility for the delivery and transformation of Public Health commissioning of prevention and health improvement services to ensure that they make the maximum contribution to improving Public Health Outcomes. The post will also provide support to other commissioning activities undertaken by the Public Health Directorate when appropriate.
This will include working strategically and operationally with internal and external stakeholders across Cambridgeshire County Council, Peterborough City Council, Integrated Care System, District Council and third sector. It will also involve engaging with local communities and service users as well as leading on defined commissioning activity.
Fixed term until 31st March 2024
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact:
Sarah Bye - email: email@example.com or phone: 07795 645022
What will you be doing?
Commissioning and delivery of:
- high-quality commissioned services [internal and external]
- integrated system-based approaches in meeting need across both councils.
Financial resources to ensure:
- resources and any associated budgets deliver project /service and business planning objectives to ensure value for money
- savings targets identified during the budget setting process are met.
You will have accountability for ensuring that robust commissioning and procurement frameworks are in place to fulfil service transformation objectives, resource needs and identify any current and future gaps/shortfalls. This includes associated governance and reporting requirements.
You will support the Deputy Director of Public Health (Cambridgeshire) and represent as appropriate relevant committee / cabinet council meetings, wider system boards, Public Health Commissioning Board, Integrated Care System, appropriate Partnership Boards, and other boards/meetings/fora as requested, relevant to the portfolio.
We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholder and partners. The candidate must have a first degree or equivalent in this field and has substantial experience of commissioning within a local authority/Integrated Care System as well as an understanding and knowledge of :
- the wider determinants of health and how these influence health behaviours, outcomes and health inequalities
- key government drivers and the change agenda directly affecting strategic development and provision of Public Health Services
- experience of managing a multidisciplinary commissioning team
- navigating large and complex organisations and the challenges this raises in respect of political, financial and legal arenas
- performance measures and evaluation methodologies
- commissioning successful service transformation involving cultural and behaviour change and organisational development
* Please ensure you complete the Supporting Statement section associated with the application process *
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.