About the role
Littleport Community Primary School is a vibrant and happy place to learn (OFSTED, Sept 2018)
We are seeking to employ an inspirational Preschool Manager to work alongside our existing Early Years Leader and manage our Preschool provision - starting as soon as possible.
Are you a passionate leader with a proven track record of delivering high quality childcare and learning activities living locally or looking to relocate to East Anglia or gain new professional experiences?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking setting with innovative approaches to learning at its heart that benefits from being strongly evidence informed?
We are looking for someone who:
Holds at least a Level 3 or 4 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent Has at least two years’ experience of working in an early years setting, or has at least two years’ other suitable experience
Has experience of managing staff in an early years setting and is a team player
Is an enthusiastic, kind and caring practitioner
Is inspirational, adaptable and consistent in their approach to working with children
Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
Has a commitment to research-informed practice and the benefits of outdoor learning
Our school was rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in September 2018. We have a proven track record of developing our staff.
We will be able to offer you:
- Motivated children whose behaviour for learning is rated as a real strength
- A welcoming ‘in the moment’ learning environment in a purpose-built setting with large grounds, including a nature area, wood and allotment
- Supervision with leadership from a highly supportive Early Years Leader, Adviser and Governing Body
- Skilled and professional staff who have the best interests of children at heart
- Opportunities for continuing professional development driven by evidence-informed practice
If the position interests you, please visit our website where you can download an application pack:
Visits to the Preschool are strongly encouraged and can be booked via the school office.
If you have any questions please contact Julie Warman, Office Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Tuesday 5th March 2024
What will you be doing?
Manager of the pre-school provision within the school.
To provide safe, high quality education and care for pre-school children fulfilling legal and statutory requirements. Supervise staff on a day to day basis, contribute and implement pre-school policies, liaise with EYFS Leader with regard to provision and progress and model good, competent practice.
Littleport Community Primary School and Preschool are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole setting.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds at least a Level 3 or 4 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent
• Has at least two years’ experience of working in an early years setting, or has at least two years’ other suitable experience
• Has experience of managing staff in an early years setting and is a team player
• Is an enthusiastic, kind and caring practitioner
• Is inspirational, adaptable and consistent in their approach to working with children
• Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
• Has a commitment to research-informed practice and the benefits of outdoor learning
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we firmly believe benefits our colleagues, the organisation and our communities. If you don’t meet every single requirement in the job role but think this could be you, please don’t be put off. We are committed to building a workplace that is compassionate and inclusive as well as diverse, so if you think you could be a good candidate for this role please consider applying and speak to the recruiting manager if you have any questions.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, along with our employee network 'IDEAL' and self-organised peer support groups help us to foster an inclusive, supportive and safe working environment where people feel valued, respected, and empowered. We collect relevant diversity data for monitoring as part of the recruitment process to understand the diversity of our applicants and monitor any trends throughout the recruitment processes so that we can take meaningful action.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We fully support providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, as well as when you join us, and we encourage candidates to contact the Hiring Manager, whose details can be found in the advert, to discuss any adjustment needs. Some examples of adjustments could include additional time to complete an assessment or printing a document on pastel coloured paper with larger font size and line spacing. We would value talking about what might be possible to enable you to join us and thrive, so if there is something that would help you to do your best during your journey with us, please get in touch.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.