About the role
Excellence Achieved Through Care, Creativity and Challenge
At King’s Hedges Educational Federation, we live out our vision of, “Excellence, Achieved Through Care, Creativity and Challenge”.
We have high expectations in all we do and we strive to provide the excellent teaching and learning; care and support that our children deserve.
Job Title: School Business Manager
Start: April 2024 this would give time to work with our current Business Manager
Hours of work: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year or we could consider part time hours or term time only plus 2 weeks.
Salary: SO1 – SO2 £34,834 - £39,186 depending on Knowledge, skills and experience. Relocation: We could offer up to £2,000 relocation fees
Due to the retirement of our highly valued School Business Manager, we are looking for a dynamic, resilient individual with ambition and drive, who shares our passion for improving the lives of young people.
We are looking to appoint an experienced School Business Manager who has the vision and skills to play an integral role in supporting the Headteacher by leading on key operational areas of the school: someone who is committed to understanding all aspects of budget, finance and premises and who will actively manage their development.
To be a successful member of our team we are looking an experienced School Business Manager who will:
- Contribute towards the excellent educational offer we provide.
- Enable successful teaching and learning across the schools through supporting the Headteacher, Governors, Strategic School Leadership Team (SSLT), staff and pupils.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the school’s financial, administrative, personnel, premises, health & safety, business, IT and support services, alongside day-to day operational aspects.
- Work with the Headteacher and to identify priorities and contribute to strategic planning in-line with the school’s development plans.
- Manage the office manager, site team and kitchen staff.
- Attend Governors’ meetings when required to report on finance and business. Work flexibly to meet the changing demands and priorities.
- Actively safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of all our pupils at all times.
- Work collaboratively in a team or use your own initiative.
- Be self-organised and able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact
Please contact Tracey Miller for an application pack or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download a pack from our website,
Closing date: 15th March 2024 9:00am
Interview date: TBC
What will you be doing?
Kings Hedges Education Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care.
All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Before you proceed with your intention to apply for a position or to support us please take full consideration of the following points.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, including a Barred List check where applicable to the role.
Where you have been shortlisted for a role, you will be required to complete a Declaration of Offences Form, disclosing all relevant previous criminal convictions and cautions.
Please contact the Head teacher to discuss this step further if you wish.
- If you are shortlisted for the position you are applying for, we will carry out an online search against you.
This is part of our safeguarding obligations, we will carry out online searches on you as part of our due diligence. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which we might want to explore more at interview. In doing this, we will only be looking at information which might potentially impact your ability to carry out the role, and we recognise that there is a difference between your public and private life. We will carry out this search if you are shortlisted for the position you are applying for.
- We will assess your knowledge of safeguarding by asking specific questions about this area of our role during the interview process and your answer to this question will form part of our decision-making process.
- You will be provided with an induction process, and you are expected to engage with this monitored process.
- Our safeguarding policies and procedures will be explained during your induction and on a regular basis.
- Kings Hedges complies the Childcare Act 2006 and the Childcare (Disqualification) and childcare (Early Years Provision Free of Charge) (Extended Entitlement) (Amendment) Regulations 208. All shortlisted candidates whose role will involve the responsibility for the provision or management of such childcare (including teaching) shall be required to declare that they are not disqualified from undertaking such work.
- Application forms must be completed in full. Please pay particular attention to your work history and inform us of any gaps in employment. CVs will only be accepted alongside a completed application form.
- Please ensure you state full details of your qualifications.
- References may be taken up prior to interviews and any discrepancies will be addressed during the interview process.
We can offer you:
- The option of working from home when agreed in advance.
- A friendly and welcoming school environment with a positive ethos.
- An Office Manager to lead on office duties.
- A healthy budget which continues to look positive for the next three years.
- If starting in April – there will be a terms support from the current School Business Manager.
- Support for continuing professional development.
- Supportive colleagues who are committed to raising standards and place children at the centre of all we do.
- A supportive and highly skilled Governing Board who believe passionately in the King’s Hedges offer.
- A supportive Local Authority who will work closely with the school to enable all members of our community to fulfil their potential
If you believe you have the knowledge, experience and skills to make a real impact as our School Business Manager, then we would love to hear from you.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we firmly believe benefits our colleagues, the organisation and our communities. If you don’t meet every single requirement in the job role but think this could be you, please don’t be put off. We are committed to building a workplace that is compassionate and inclusive as well as diverse, so if you think you could be a good candidate for this role please consider applying and speak to the recruiting manager if you have any questions.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, along with our employee network 'IDEAL' and self-organised peer support groups help us to foster an inclusive, supportive and safe working environment where people feel valued, respected, and empowered. We collect relevant diversity data for monitoring as part of the recruitment process to understand the diversity of our applicants and monitor any trends throughout the recruitment processes so that we can take meaningful action.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We fully support providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, as well as when you join us, and we encourage candidates to contact the Hiring Manager, whose details can be found in the advert, to discuss any adjustment needs. Some examples of adjustments could include additional time to complete an assessment or printing a document on pastel coloured paper with larger font size and line spacing. We would value talking about what might be possible to enable you to join us and thrive, so if there is something that would help you to do your best during your journey with us, please get in touch.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.